Ways to use Twine ~ July 16, 2012




Good Morning!  Today's clean & simple challenge on splitcoast stampers is to find ways to use twine.  I knew as soon as I saw the challenge that I wanted to pull out my kite stamp set and use the twine for the kite strings.

I stamped and cut out the kites and then I glued the twine on the back of the kites and then I placed them on my card using dimensionals.  I added three small pieces of twine on each strand which I thought would mimic bows that you sometimes see on kite strings.

The lucky limeade card stock along the bottom of my card was dry embossed using my big shot and my stripes embossing folder.  I wanted to keep the rest of my card simple so I decided to add my sentiment on a punched out scallop oval. 

So what do you think?  I hope you like it!  Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day!

*card #40 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  Send Me Soaring
Card Stock:  White, Lucky Limeade
Ink:  Black Stazon, Calypso Coral, Wisteria Wonder, Lucky Limeade
Supplies:  Twine, Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Oval Scallop Punch, Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder
Technique: Dry Embossing

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

5 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

Patty, I've been missing lots lately. All your cards are so beautiful!!!. I need to continue with my Christmas ones as well. Love how clean and neat your cards are. Love your style!!!

Becky said...

What a fabulous cas card. Love the design of the kites and love the matching twine.

Athina said...

Grat way to use twine! Very sweet card!

Danielle Vincent said...

I really like this card. So simple and fun - love those kites and the colorful string!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it! A fabulous use for twine--I LOVE twine! And your colors look amazing together, Patty! :)