July 3, 2012 Twisted Tuesday Challenge

Good Morning!  Twisted Tuesday's challenge this week is to create a vintage card and the twist is that we had to use stripes somewhere.  Well, I'll be the first to say that I'm not very good at vintage cards so this certainly was a challenge for me and I hope you like how it turned out.

I stamped the image and colored it using my Stampin' Up! markers- Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Pink Pirouette, and Crumb Cake.  Next, cut out my oval image, sponged the edges and added the three pearls along the bottom right side.

Towards the left side of my card I added some striped pretty in pink designer series which I also sponged all along the edges.  It's layered onto a piece of crumb cake card stock and the right side of that layer I punched along the edge using my scallop border punch.   Then I added my pleated ribbon, twine, and a button and then assembled my card.

The sentiment stamp I used on my card is actually a longer narrow stamp and to stamp the sentiment the way I wanted it I simply tapped the word happy onto my ink pad and then stamped it onto my card.  Then I cleaned the stamp really well and inked up the word anniversary and stamped it below- this is a quick easy way to change up the orientation of your sentiments.

I'm sure you would love to see the other design team members' cards and they can be found at the links below.  Have a wonderful day, see you tomorrow!

*card #26 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  Elements of Style, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  Pretty in Pink, Crumb Cake, Subtles Designer Series Paper Stack
Ink:  Crumb Cake, Black Stazon
Supplies:  Pleated Ribbon, Twine, Button, Pearl Basic Jewels, Scallop Border Punch, Coluzzle, Sponge, SU Markers- Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Sticky Strip Tape
Technique: Sponging

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

4 comments:

Ana Carolina Little said...

Well now that's the perfect stamp for a vintage card!!!. LOVE IT Patty!!!

AnnMarie said...

Love your card! It is just beautiful!

Lela said...

Very pretty! I think you did vintage quite well on this one, so lovely in pink

Heather B said...

Sooo elegant!!!