July 12, 2012 Birds for you

I made this card for the Paper Player's blog challenge- this week it is a color challenge and the colors we were to use were:  Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight.  I also made this card for the Use it Tuesday challenge which was to use embossing on our cards- my hoarded item is my ribbon, I'm always worried to use up all my ribbon and then I end up saving it- I have to keep telling myself that I can always order more ribbon.

I started making my card by first making the birds.  I used my 2 step bird punch and my card stock and I glued them together.  I punched 2 of the birds, 2 wings, and 4 of the leaf branches.  I used my SU black marker for the eyes.

The white background the birds are on is dry embossed using my big shot and vintage wallpaper embossing folder.  My main image panel is popped up using dimensionals.

To complete the rest of my card I simply added a piece of designer series paper to match the bird's wings, then I added my ribbon, and lastly I decided to add my sentiment on a scrap piece of paper that was punched using the decorative label punch. 

Well, I have to run and get supper started.  I hope you liked my card today, have a great evening!

*card #35 out of 100 cards in 100 days goal

Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Card Stock:  White, Lucky Limeade, Calypso Coral, Daffodil Delight, DSP- Floral District
Ink:  Black Stazon
Supplies:  Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder, Ribbon, Decorative Label Punch, 2 Step Bird Punch, SU Black Marker- for the bird's eyes, Tombow Glue, Dimensionals
Technique: Dry Embossing, Punch Art

Contact me today if you would like to place an order or to be added onto my mailing list!
To place your Stampin' Up! order- http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx
My email address- pebbles4@ptd.net
Pin It

15 comments:

Andrea said...

Lovely card! Great colors and you can never go wrong with ruffled ribbon!!

Danielle Vincent said...

Very lovely card Patty - I kind of struggled with putting together those colors this time but I think you rocked that color challenge!

Stephanie U said...

Stunning card! Love your color choices. And I agree - ribbon is so easy to hoard!

Thanks for playing along with UIT!

Barb said...

Cute card--love the colors in the challenge and I think that bird punch is so sweet!

Francesca said...

Patty, this is darling, love the birds!

Amanda said...

Very nice card! Really like the detail of the birds wings matching the dsp in the background.

Mynn xx said...

So pretty! You've balanced the colors perfectly!!! LOVE the dry embossed panel that your birds are resting on in combination with the patterned paper! Beautiful! :)

Cathy Dineen said...

Beautiful card! I love the embossing and the paper pieced wings! Thanks for joining us at Use it Tuesday!

Karen Howard said...

This is really pretty, I love the birds and all the detail on this card! Hugs, Karen

Melina said...

Awww, very cute, I love those pretty colors :)

Unknown said...

Wow! This is so cute! I love the dry embossing you've done for the background. I'm glad you got to use up your ribbon-it works perfectly with the birds. Thanks for joining us at Use It Tuesday!

Marjolaine said...

Beautiful card, I love that embossing and how you pulled it all together. Thanks for joining us at UIT.

Elizabeth said...

Love the colors and the design!

Elizabeth said...

Love the colors and the design!

liannallama said...

What a great card! I really love your style!